Anything Interesting?

This is mostly for my lack of memory. I have a tendency to forget everything.

Friday, December 07, 2007

ahhhh, dentists...

Fresh from a visit to the dentist. He removed three of K's teeth. The one on the top was loose but just wouldn't budge, and was tightening up again with the new tooth coming down and pushing on it.

He also removed two on the bottom. The permanent tooth has been in for quite awhile and had wedged her baby tooth between the teeth on the sides and it. He yanked that one and the one next to it to allow it room to move into position.

Dr L had me come back into the room to explain what he was going to do and tell me we need to get going on "ortho". This was something I new we would need eventually since she essentially has no spacing for her bigger permanent teeth. We had switched dentists (preferred provider, blah, blah, blah) and he said he would do a full mouth scan when she was older i.e. 8 or 9 to allow her jaw to grow and then move forward with ortho depending on that. Well at 7, her teeth are coming in and have no room to come in properly.

The new dentist does not do sedation/gas so back to old loving dentist. Even at the mention that we were going back there K was more at ease. When we first got to the office, she would barely open her mouth to answer everyone's questions about how she has been, what she's been doing, etc. As they were ready, I scooted/pushed her back to the chair and went back out front to deal with the other crazy two.

K had nitrous and was quite comical. When I went into the room she said "Hi MOM!" rather enthusiastically and then proclaimed "I'm floating!" It was funny to hear.

In January we have consults with two Orthodontists to see which we like and what they're suggesting we do.

p.s. T has five (5!) cavities. I for see it's gonna be an expensive year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Valarie said...

man, I wish my dentist would have used nitrous when I was her age. good thing you're a working woman now to pay for your kids' teeth.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok - no more sugar bubble gum

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home